Wasteful Una Una draw blanks against clueless Tennax


MASVINGO CITY-The most supported sport team in the ancient city, Masvingo United aka Busmen settled for a dull goalless draw against visiting Tenax FC who were equally clueless at Mucheke Stadium on Sunday.

The Busmen created chances that were difficult to miss than to score against the correctional side side who appeared not to be interested in the game.

The match at Mucheke stadium marked the beginning of the ZIFA Eastern Region Division 1 league matches and the George Magariro coached side seemed to have been emotionally unprepared for the encounter.

A sizeable number of loyal Una Una fans thronged the ceremonial home of football in Masvingo with a hope of witnessing a win against the visitors but all went up in flames as Una Una connived to fluff chance after chance with the goalie to beat.

As referee Robert Tangai blew to kick off the match as early as the 3rd minute the Busmen were presented with an easy opportunity to open the scoreline after midfielder Same Mutema passed a beau of a through pass to Igneous Mavende who failed to utilise  the opportunity and fired his shot far wide with only the keeper to beat.

Una Una were at it again in the 11th minute with Rolan ‘Rooney’ Makiwa being the second culprit as he also failed to  utilise the opportunity  to score that had presented itself  after a beautiful delivery from the far wing courtesy of talented winger  Mavende.

‘Rooney’ went on to be the talk to the game as he missed two more clear opportunities in the first half of the match with fans frothing that Una Una should have been 3 up by the end of the first half if it was not the sluggish approach the two strikers showed  in the first 45 minutes.  

In the second half coach Magaririo had to make key changes to the front line when he substituted Rooney for Edias Tsikai who seemed to have brought in flair to the attacking players at the beginning of the second half.  

Tsikai indeed proved to be a super substitute as he shacked the Tennax defence countless times but his efforts yielded nothing as the team failed to utilise the opportunities.

The match ended nil all as the referee blew the final whistle to mark the end of the 90 minutes leaving Una Una to count its missed opportunities while Tennax FC travelled back to Mutare satisfied with a point earned at Mucheke stadium.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button