AccidentBreaking news

2 infants die in Chimanimani inferno

ASHER MOYO

CHIMANIMANI-Two children were burnt to death when the thatched bathroom at their homestead caught fire at Cashel Valley.

Manicaland Provincial Police deputy spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Wiseman Chinyoka confirmed the incident that happened yesterday at Chikona Village under Chief Mutambara in Chimanimani.

The horrific incident occurred at around 1715 hours.

Circumstances are that yesterday at around 1650 hours, Ruvarashe Mafoti (4), Ropafadzo Mafoti (18 months) and Kimberly Chihota (3) were left by their grandmother Sophia Chihota (46) playing at their homestead as she went to her garden.

While playing, the three went into the thatched bathroom and lit fire which burnt the bathroom to ashes.

Ropafadzo and Ruvarashe were burnt to death while Kimberly sustained serious burns all over the body.

A neighbour Rishon Chimwanyisa saw the fire and rushed to put it out. By the time the fire was put out, the two had already died.

A report was made at Cashel Valley Police Station and the scene was attended to.

Ropafadzo and Ruvarashe’s bodies were conveyed to Mutambara Mission Hospital for post mortem while Kimberly was transferred to Victoria Chitepo Provincial Hospital.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button