Crime and CourtsLatest

Man hires gang to kill nephew for damaging wife’s car


MUTARE-A-23 year old Hobhouse man has been assaulted to death by his uncle’s friends for stealing his wife’s car and getting involved in an accident.

Manicaland Provincial Deputy Police spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Wiseman Chinyoka confirmed the death of Collins Muchadya of Number 3847 Hobhouse 3, Mutare.

The incident happened on October 25.

Chinyoka said, John Muchadya was staying together with his nephew, Collins Muchadya. Collins’ uncle Jealous Mukorera (33) was also residing at the same house with his wife Ropafadzo Chipepa (24) who is a sadza vendor in the City.

On the fateful day, Collins stole the car keys of Chipepa’s car and drove away with the vehicle.

Collins came back and parked the car at around 11am.

Chipepa confronted Collins and upon checking on the car, she discovered that it was accident damaged. She asked Collins what had transpired, but he did not answer.

Chipepa told her husband through a phone call who told her that he was going to send his friends to collect the sadza which she sells in town and also to address the issue.

At around 1pm, Mukorera’s friends Tawanda Gwata and one Lee arrived driving a black Mercedes Benz intending to collect the sadza. The two asked for Collins’ whereabouts.

The two told Chipepa that they were going to look for Collins using her vehicle. The two also left their vehicle and instructed Chipepa to do the sadza delivery using their vehicle.

At around 5pm, Lee and Gwata came back with Collins. They started assaulting him using sticks and sjamboks all over the body.

The two were accusing Collins for stealing Chipepa’s car and being a drug addict.

Chipepa and Shaulin Guti who is wife to John Muchadya tried to refrain the two but failed. Chipepa then rushed and informed a neighbour Peter Shumba who managed to stop the fight.

The two left Collins in a bathroom outside the house at number 1845 Hobhouse 3.

Chipepa then discovered that Collins was no longer breathing and informed Muchadya. Muchadya teamed up with Shumba and took Collins in his bedroom. The two made a police report the same night at 2345 hours.  Mukorera fled from the scene but later handed himself over to the police.

Lee and Gwata are still at large.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button